Following the government’s announcement with regards to the new national restrictions, effective from 05th November 2020, we would like to confirm that the cemetery grounds at Herongate Wood will remain open for visits to graves. The advice further states that you should minimise time spent outside your home and when around other people you must stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household – meaning the people you live with – or your support bubble.
You can visit Herongate Wood:
- by yourself
- with the people you live with
- with your support bubble
- or, when on your own, 1 person from another household
We would politely ask that when visiting you follow the social distancing guidelines, limit the time you spend within the grounds and take any rubbish home with you.
The safety of our staff, who continue to work within the grounds and those of our visitors is paramount, therefore to reduce the risk of the virus spreading we continue to take the following steps:-
- All toilet facilities within the grounds will be closed.
- The water will still be available but you will need to bring your own watering can.
- The car park will be open, access can also be made via the pedestrian gate.
- You will need to wear a mask to enter our buildings and will need to wear a mask when attending a funeral. We understand that this can be difficult.
We do appreciate that these are difficult times, so please accept our thanks for your co-operation, understanding and support. – 09th November 2020